Surveillance Cameras come in a bewildering array of choice, depending on your specific needs, such as indoor/outdoor, distance of the camera to the monitoring location and how detailed you want the image are just some of the questions about your security needs you will need to know before deciding.
Surveillance Camera Questions
Some key questions to consider when selecting cameras include:
- Am I monitoring for security purposes or am I also monitoring performance?
- What lighting will I have available? Do I want to record in low-light conditions?
- What weather and other potentially damaging conditions must the surveillance cameras withstand?
- Will the camera operate continuously or is my surveillance for specific periods only?
- What distances will my surveillance cameras need to record across and at what angles?
- Do I want my surveillance footage to be admissible for court purposes?
- What legal concerns must I address regarding the types or locations of cameras used?
- Where are my cameras sourced from? What working conditions and quality control standards are they assembled under?
There are a huge range of manufacturers. Listed below are some of the major brands, ranging from cheap home solutions to large scale industrial ready brands.