CCTV can Save You Money
With CCTV and IP surveillance you can reduce crime and save money. Often companies spend money on security guards that can be replaced by cameras and access points. These monitor consistently 24/7 and the footage can be played back at anytime. Therefore the effectiveness of a $300 dollar camera can save you thousands by not need to pay an hourly wage for a security guard. Cameras and technology can also monitor and recognise faces, something that a security guard has limited ability to do. We can help you achieve what you are looking for by implementing a security strategy that effectively meets these requirements. Do you know what your surveillance needs are? Not sure? we can provide insight with a business consultation. Make your workplace safer and more effective. Contact us to show you how!!
CCTV vs IP surveillance
CCTV has evolved from the old antiquated proprietary systems using analogue equipment and backing up to VCR to the much more efficient, cheaper, scalable and far more functional IP surveillance systems. While analogue CCTV systems are still being used, there are a number of reasons to migrate to the newer IP Surveillance systems.
- Open standards – Utilises data networks and open standards that interconnect more easily than proprietary systems from specific platform providers that only provide solutions with their equipment.
- Remote monitoring/playback – Because IP surveillance uses data networks, it can aslo use the internet to transport data, therefore anywhere you have an internet connection you have the ability to monitor and playback recorded footage.
- High resolution images – Since analogue systems only have limited resolution of PAL/NTSC they have limited resolutions. As technology changes more advances in image sensors allow cameras to record at high resolutions.
- Event recording – the ability of IP cameras to decipher changes between images allows them to detect motion events, this in turn can trigger recording, alarms, alerts, basically anything you require that can be done with a computer.
- Scalability – IP Surveillance is easier to scale due to it using open standard computer networking.
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership – because of the open standards it means you can keep exisiting implementations, or choose multiple brands that interconnect while utilising hardware that is comon in data networks that dont have super hefty premiums on them
IP Digital Network Surveillance
IP camera networks run over existing data networks and provide a host of benefits. IP Surveillance networks consist of the network cameras themselves, the storage devices, the video surveillance software and the cabling that connects it all together.
CCTV Analogue Systems
CCTV generally runs over coaxial cabling, although some cameras require RCA cabling (three separate cables, one for video and two for audio). IP Cameras run over Ethernet cable which is a standard network cable used for networking computers. Some IP Cameras also utilize Power over Ethernet (POE) which means that the one network cable supplies the data connection and the power connection. This makes installation of the cameras much simpler, it also means that you don’t have to run separate network cabling for your computers and your surveillance needs. While this simplifies the intial installation, it means that you need to understand how computer networks work so that the video from your cameras doesn’t interfere with your computer data. While buying faster switches and routers will go someway to eliminating the likelihood of bottlenecks, you may need to virtually segment your data and video networks to make sure the bandwidth required for each network is available as and when it is needed.
Integrated IP and CCTV Analogue Network Surveillance
We can now integrate analogue surveillance systems into more modern IP surveillance systems and make sure you get the most value out of your capital expenditure on older analogue systems. We understand you may have invested heavily in these older systems and dont want to have to just throw them away to upgrade. You dont have to, with vdeo encoders, we can convert the analogue stream from an analogue camera into a digital stream fit for use on a digital data network.
We can help you design and implement a CCTV solution that will suit your requirements and your budget while achieving all your surveillance needs.